hits counter
The 1950’s Fabulous Foursome! This   is   a   fan   site   of   the   original   Diamonds   of   the   1950s. All hailing   from   Canada,   they   made   their   way   to      the   U.   S., and   with   their   songs   and   energy,   endeared   themselves   to their fans forever.
mike douglas mike douglas
Mike   Douglas    -      Born   Michael   Dlugosz   in   1934   in   Saskatchewan,   Canada,   and   grew   up   in   Toronto.   He   discovered quartet   singing   in   1953   and   later   changed   his   name   to   Douglas.   Mike   was   friends   with   Ted   Kowalski   and   Bill   Reed   and they   use   to   sing   together.   In   mid   year   of   1957,   Phil   Levitt   decided   to   leave   the   group   and   Mike   was   a   natural replacement.   He   fit   in   nicely   and   there   was   no   change   in   the   sound   of   the   group.   Mike   had   good   run   with   the   Diamonds, picking up two gold recordings with the group: “The Stroll” and “Silhouettes”.
Mike   left   the   original   group   in   1972   but   joined   another   group   of   Diamonds   later   in   the   70s.   They   produced   a   recording   call   The   Diamonds 1970.   This   group   not   only   sang   but   all   played   instruments.   That   group   didn’t   stay   together   long.   Later,   in   1978,   he   got   married.   Then   in 1981,   he   was   a   record   producer   for   Dynasty   Records   in   St.   Petersburg,   Florida.   He   rejoined   the   Diamonds   in   1987,   but   by   then   another group   was   performing   under   the   name.   Through   a   complex   legal   tangle,   the   earliest   Diamonds   lost   the   right   to   perform   under   the   name they   made   famous.   He   eventually   had   his   own   Diamonds,   but   stopped   performing   in   1997.   He   had   his   own   Internet   business   called   Little Darlin's   Music   Works   and   also   enjoyed   working   a   booth   at   the   Wagon   Wheel   Flea   Market,   where   he   sold   CDs.   He   remained   doing   that until he was killed in automobile accident in 2012. (Source: Tampa Bay Times)