1928 - Alderson High School - 1968
Causby Tours #2 Causby Parker - 9-25-14 (Click on photos for larger view)
Coming   into   Alderson   on   Rt.   #3,   the   Albert   &   Opal   Jones home. Next, the "Turn off" to Flat  Mountain Rd.
On   site   where   former   Copeland   Chevrolet   Garage   once stood,   (See   Pictures   by   Tom   Roush   #3),    now,   stands   the Alderson    Senior    Center,    opened    11    years    ago    by    The Monroe   Co.   Committee   on   Aging   @   Lindside.   They   now have   5   sites   opened   .   The Alderson   site   is   operated   by   Site Mgr.   Carol   Wickline-Ayers. They   serve   25-30   people   once   a day,   5   days   a   week.   Not   only   do   they   serve   lunch,   but   offer activities,   crafts   &   games   daily   and   live   music   &   dance   on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
Coming on in toward Alderson's Main St., is Lobban Funeral Home. Owner , Karen Lobban, operated by Karen & children, Sarah & Charlie Lobban, III.
Alderson's   Store   Owned   by   Betty   &   John   Alderson   IV   and operated    by    Betty    &    daughter,    Sarah.    This    store    was erected   in   1930   after   the   old   Grange   Building   burned.   The manikins   are   in   period   clothing   in   celebration   of   the   100th Anniversary of the Memorial Bridge.
Next, is the former, Johnson & Gwinn Hardware Store, now   owned   by   Luther   &   Judy   Lewallen   and,   to   the   best   of my knowledge, is currently, just being used for storage.
The   former,   Quillen   Building,   aka,   Woodson/Mohler/Prince warehouse    building.   A    Young    couple,    Travis    &    Brianna Barkley, who have 4 children, moved here from Pa.,( near Morgantown,   W.V.   ),   recently   bought   this   and   are   currently living   in   and   renovating   it.   Brianna,   is   a   blacksmith.   Her company   name   is   Bombshell   Ironworks   Company    Artistic Services,   and   she   plans   to   have   a   gallery   and   shop   (and her   forge)   on   the   first   floor.   Her   family's   living   quarters   will be   on   the   second   floor.   Visit   their   site   website   on   Face Book.
Next   is   the   old   Johnson   &   Gwinn   Storage   building,   and where,   next   to   it,   once   stood   Greenbrier   Milling   (Open   for business   from   1901   to   closing   in   1976   and   was   burned down   some   years   later),   is   now   a   couple   of   new   Housing Facilities.
Welcome   to   The   Causby   Photo   Tours.   Causby   Parker   has   set   out   to   photograph   places   and   buildings   in   Alderson and   give   some   information   about   them.   Some   are   the   way   we   have   always   remembered,   while   some   are   not. There   are   links   at   the   bottom   of   the   page   will   take   you   to   the   previous   tour   and   the   next   one.   Please   take   time   to comment. Causby is doing this out of passion for our little town. We hope you enjoy the Causby Photo Tours.