Greenbrier River Interpretative/Visitors Center:What once was a vacant Gulf gas station, the reformation of this building has turned out to be a major focal point in many community functions. It features a coffee shop and gift shop. It also includes items to reminds us it was a gas station. (Click on photo for larger view) More info here.
Alderson Train Depot:The current standing Alderson Depot was built in 1896 and went out of service in 1973. It is the only remaining standard station with a bay window in both the front and the back.. It was built by a C&O road crew in one week. Now this historical building has been fully restored.(Click on photo for larger view) More info here.
Alderson Alumni Park and Housby Gazebo:This beautiful little park between the bank of the Greenbrier River and the railroad had quickly become one of Alderson’s favorite landmarks. It is also use for many community functions. (Click on photo for larger view) More info here.
Alderson Memorial Bridge:Although not the only organization that was involved, Alderson Main Street was one of many in the restoration of the bridge. For a complete account of this major project, and contributors, see the Aldersonian. (Click on photo for larger view) More info here.
Welcome To Alderson Signs:Pictured is one of four "Welcome to Historic Alderson" signs. This particular one is located at the City Bank, coming down the Alta road. The other three are located as you enter Alderson city limits on the Hinton road, Union road, and from Fort Springs. These good looking signs have received many compliments.
Alderson Town Flag:Alderson Main Street produces town flags featuring a design by Todd Hanger. Versions of this flag are available. (Click on photo for larger view) More info here.